Community Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Register Community Music & Creativity Are we Blind and unheeding?

• Are we Blind and unheeding?

• Christine

April 6, 2022 at 9:01 am

As we are getting ready to celebrate Passover/Easter, one of the songs we are getting ready to sing is “My Redeemer”. Such a moving song, to be sure….”up Calvary’s mountain one dreadful mourn walked Christ my Savior, weary and worn. Facing for sinners death on the cross, that he might save them from endless loss”. Beautiful, moving words portraying the depths of Gods love for us, to be sure. But what stuck out to me was In the course ,”Blessed Redeemer, precious Redeemer, seems now I see him on Calvarys tree, wounded and bleeding, for sinners pleading BLIND AND UNHEEDING, dying for me….” Blind and unheeding? You mean Jesus couldn’t see what was coming? He was doing whatever he wanted?? NO NO NO! Blind and unheeding refers to Jesus turning a “blind eye” to the beating he was taking for us, the mocking, pain, shame, and betrayal and not stopping until our salvation was completely purchased with his shed blood and sealed by His Resurrection from the dead (unheeding)!! Who for the glory set before him, endured the cross, despising the shame and is set down on the right hand of God!! May we not loose our focus this Passover/Easter season for the real reason we celebrate, Jesus, dying for me! Amen!!!

Viewing 1 of 1 replies